Making this list brought a smile to my face. What’s made you happy lately?
1. Watching Stone Cold Steve Austin eating hot wings on Hot Ones. (Seriously, check them out on YouTube. So fun.)
2. Going on a hike with my husband. There were a lot of spider webs across the trail. I was worried the couple with kids behind us would knock the webs down, but instead they showed their boys the spiders and did not bother them. They also gave us a suggestion for a new hiking trail to try. The spiders we saw were spined micrathena, if you’re curious.
3. Being out to eat and overhearing someone say delightedly, “There’s just so many good things to try!”
4. A man whistling “Sweet Dreams are Made of These.”
5. Striking up a conversation with a lady at the grocery store over men and their inability to find things right in front of them.
6. Getting complimented on my tattoo by the cashier at Lush.
7. Complimenting someone on her dress and making her face light up.
8. Halloween and Christmas stuff in stores! (See above: the mug in this post image.)
9. Finding a greeting card featuring one of my animal totems, and later on in the same bookstore, flipping to a page in a random book and landing on a passage about ANOTHER one of my animal totems. The signs are always there, if you believe.
10. I also found a copy of a book recommended to me by a friend in that store, hiding under another book I had picked up. I bought it for $2.